What is Cydia Impactor?
Cydia Impactor is a software application which is available on Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems that performs dozens of tasks. It can be used on both Android and iOS devices especially Cydia Impactor is the most useful app for un-jailbreak your jailbroken iDevice. In fact, it removes the Cydia from your jailbroken device therefore, it is also called as Cydia Eraser which was renamed by the SaurikIT.
Cydia Impactor was developed by the Saurik in the year of 2013 and later on a Cydia tweak with the same name for iDevices was released by him to remove the jailbreak without restoring the device to the fresh firmware. Then he re-coded the original Cydia Impactor in the purpose of introducing new features for both iOS and Android platforms. So the next comes its most important feature which allows you to sign and install the IPA files on iOS and APK files on Android.
Evolution of Cydia Impactor
- Impactor v0.9.14 for Windows
- Impactor v0.9.33 for Windows
- Impactor v0.9.33 for Linux 32 bit
- Impactor v0.9.33 for Linux 64 bit
- Impactor v0.9.33 for Mac
Features of Cydia Impactor
- You can root your Android 2.3 version to Android 5.0 version in a few clicks.
- You can lock and unlock the bootloader using Cydia Impactor.
- Your connection between your computer and phone can be connected, disconnected and even can be restart simply by knowing the device port number.
- Cydia Impactor allows you to flash or update any mod package, root package and recover files manually.
- Because of its inbuilt driver, it doesn’t require to install the drivers separately and you can connect your computer and device directly.
Why use Cydia Impactor?
As I mentioned above, Cydia Impactor is the only way to un-jailbreak your jailbroken device as it erases all the apps, tweaks, games, and others which you downloaded from Cydia and bring back your device.
Just imagine a situation that you want to sell your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch but, your device is been jailbroken. So as you already know that jailbreaking completely voids your device warranty how can you sell your device? Some people don’t like to buy the jailbroken iDevice as it doesn’t have the device warranty. For this kind of situation, the answer is simple. You can simply use Cydia Impactor and be free of your jailbroken device by making it to a jailbroken device. So now your device on the market without any worries.
Requirements to install Cydia Impactor
- A computer run by Windows, Mac or Linux
- iOS device or an Android device
How to use Cydia Impactor on iOS devices
- First, install the Cydia Impactor to your device.
- Download the .ipa file that you want to be installed.
- Open the impactor application and drop the downloaded .ipa file to the impactor window.
- Now connect your iOS device to your computer wait for impacter to detect it.
- Click OK to the Apple warning prompt box and enter your Apple ID with the password in the next step.
- If nothing goes wrong, the app will be installed.
- Go to Settings > Profile & Device Management and then locate the certificate for the impactor app and click Trust option.
- Finally, close the settings and open the app.
How to use Cydia Impactor to root Android devices
- First, go to Settings > USB debugging and tick on to enable the USB debugging.
- Now install the Cydia Impactor to your device.
- Open the impactor.exe file and connect your phone to your computer.
- Now click to start the rooting process.
- Once you’re done, close the impactor and unplug your phone from the PC.
- Restart the phone and search for superSU application in the Google play store and install it.
- Then your phone will be rooted and you can check your root status by opening the SuperSU application. Your work has been successful if it runs without any error.